For those of you who missed it, the following are highlights from the September Governance Team meeting:
- The GO Team finalized the NAHS Strategic Plan (posted on the NAHS website), with ambitious goals for improving EOC and AP scores, increasing the number of students receiving IB diplomas, and raising the graduation rate (which recently reached 95%!);
- Stu Sheldon reported on the agreement between APS and the NAHS Foundation to permit NAHS and our Cluster to begin a capital campaign to develop new facilities, namely a stadium;
- Mike Everly, Rod Reynolds and Mechelle Jones reported on Career and Tutoring initiatives (including an exciting new program called YouScience – stay tuned!)
- Principal Douglass updated the GO Team on programs currently and soon-to-be available for at-risk students; and
- Carolyn Dingman and Lisa Jern previewed a question concerning APS grade calculation, which may affect the way APS students’ grades are reported (more to follow).
GO Team meetings are monthly, on the third Thursday (4:30; Media Center). Meetings are open to the public and provide an opportunity for public comment. If you have a topic you’d like to present, please contact Lisa Jern, Chair, at email@example.com. GO WARRIORS!