If you are a North Atlanta High School Senior PTSA member (or the parent of a Senior PTSA member) please take a moment to look at these Scholarship opportunities offered by the NAHS PTSA and the Georgia PTA. There are two separate scholarships to which you can apply.
The NAHS PTSA scholarship deadline is March 29, 2019 to the advisors in the College and Career Center (room 8141). The NAHS Scholarship is valued at $500. Please speak to the CCC advisors for more details.
NAHS PTSA Requirements:
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a member of the NAHS PTSA as of March 29, 2019.
Join here: NAHS PTSA Membership, or to confirm your student is a member email: email@example.com.
- be a graduating senior of NAHS
- have a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0
- submit application, including essay, one letter of reference and transcript to be received no later than the end of school day on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Children of NAHS PTSA board members are not eligible.
The Georgia PTA scholarship is due by CERTIFIED mail by March 8, 2019. The Georgia PTA scholarships vary in value. Please visit the Georgia PTA website for more details.
Georgia PTA Requirements:
This is a one-year, non-renewable grant.
A student is eligible to apply for a Georgia PTA Scholarship if he/she:
- is a graduating senior of a Georgia high school with a PTA/PTSA that is in good standing (i.e., dues paid, approved bylaws on file)
- AND their parent/guardian are current members of the student’s PTA/PTSA . A copy of both membership cards must be provided
- will attend a college, university, post-secondary institution or trade/vocational school during the upcoming school year
- has exhibited good character
- has a satisfactory scholastic record. Grade point 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- has not received a full scholarship(s).